CISRS Scaffolder Course - Part 1 TraineeDownload PDF
This 10 day course is for people who have held a CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card for six months.
The course teaches the core skills of scaffolding. It covers how to safely erect, alter and dismantle basic scaffolding structures.
- Current CISRS Trainee Scaffolder or Labourer card held for at least six months before the course start date
- A head for heights
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
You will learn to:
- safely and correctly erect independent and putlog scaffolds with returns, towers and birdcage scaffolds, in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- observe regulations governing the safe erection, inspection and dismantling of scaffolds and work methods to be adopted
- determine the material requirements for independents and putlog with returns, towers, and birdcage scaffolds in tube and fitting or proprietary systems where applicable
- lay out materials, set out the scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect the scaffold safely
- ensure that scaffolds are constructed to statutory regulations following the safe systems of work set out in Safety Guidance Note 4 (SG4)
- interpret simple drawings
- understand the basics of tie testing
- make alterations to scaffolds (eg dropping lift height on independent)
On completion, students will receive their CISRS Scaffolding Part 1 Certificate.
After 6 months successful students will be eligible to sit their CISRS scaffolding part 2
Minimum Loan Value (12 month product) £250 (this is the total value less deposit)
Minimum Loan Value (24 & 36 month product) £450 (this is the total value less deposit)