The CWIC scaffolding academy has partnered with CITB to provide the Scaffolding Apprenticeship Course.
The Scaffolding Apprenticeship Course is for people who want to gain an academic qualification in scaffolding while gaining professional experience
The course includes practical training in the following :
- Interpreting information
- Estimating resources
- Basic building methods
- Building elements
Qualifications you gain
Level 2 Construction Diploma in Scaffolding
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing and Rigging Occupations: Scaffolding
- The Construction Industry Scaffolders’ Record Scheme (CISRS) Scaffolders’ Registration Card
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- You may also gain value-added qualifications in first aid and health and safety, along with other industry-specific subjects
No formal requirements, but it’s useful to have GCSE grades A*-C in English, maths.
To help us assess your suitability for the course, you'll need to:
- complete a skills learning exercise and possibly attend the college for further tests.
- Practical skills
- Physical fitness
- Problem solving
- A head for heights
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers